Thursday, March 22, 2007

rain!


AWESOME weather today! It has been storming on and off. (I swear, no more weather updates for the rest of the month!) And I mean like STORMING. Loud thunder, heavy rain, gray sky, the whole bit.
It started this morning when I was getting the kids ready for school. It was about 5 minutes until it was time to leave and I'm thinking, "What are we supposed to do???"
Arizonans may be a tough bunch when it comes to our summer heat, but when it gets below 40 we freeze to death, and when it rains we scatter like ants.
"Do they cancel school when it is like this?" I meant that seriously. I think I can only remember one other time when it was raining in the morning when it was time for school. What are we supposed to do? Will the kids melt in the rain?
Luckily, we had a reprieve during drop off time. Megan still insisted on using her polka dot umbrella even though nothing was happening when she got out of the car.
Now, there is some pretty fierce lightning going on out there. Loud thunder too. I know Trevor is at school right now, freaking out. He hates storms. He and I usually end up on the couch next to each other while Mike and the other two are rating the bass level of each rumble. Poor guy. I hope it lets up when it is time to pick them up or he will not be leaving his classroom until he is pried from his chair.
So.... I worked on a page today. Off and on since I have Jensen here today. I think it is funny though. I'm sure when I took this picture of Megan I never would have thought it would make it into a scrapbook, let alone blown up to its 8x10 glory. I love how when time passes, some photos end up meaning so much to you.
Here is the journaling:
(Yes, you have a diaper on your head.) This picture was taken before a bath. I realized though, when I came across this picture that it is one of the only ones that shows one of my favorite things about you. Your sideways heart shaped birthmark.
I absolutely love this about you. I have a story behind this theory. Before you were born, I was pregnant with another little baby that ended in a miscarriage. I would like to think that you knew this big brother or sister up in heaven, and that he or she was a special angel to you. One that helped you to get to me, and when it was your time to come, you were kissed by this angel. This little heart is a constant reminder of how special you are, how far you have come, and that someday we will all be together in heaven again.
Megan loves this story, so I'm glad I got it down somewhere. And yeah, it's a little mushy but thats ok.
OK. Bright light. Loud noise. I'm going to boogie. I can't even see my neighbor's house behind me because it is raining so hard! Yesssssss!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMIGOODNESS! That is the most precious thing ever Kerry! I was loving the weather too!!!

Lisa said...

you are just the best at journaling! and i don't think it is one bit mushy! if it is mushy it's the good kind--not the yucky oatmeal kind. and what is that paper you used? not the chatterbox--ha ha! i love it!!

oh yeah--you cracked me up on the sending the kids to school in the rain!! so funny! it rained here too--lovely! but we don't get the loud thunderstorms--i miss those!

laura said...

not gushy at all - that is just so sweet. :)a bit jealous of your rain - we need it bad here!