Tuesday, March 20, 2007

tuesday


OK, well.... this picture really has NOTHING to do with my entry today, but I thought it was pretty. :)
Today was going to be a hectic day. I was supposed to watch my friend's baby, possibly have Activity Day after school today in which I was TOTALLY not prepared for, Mike is out of town, and I thought for sure I was going to be a mess by the end of the day because of my mental to do list.
There was a mix up of who was watching the baby this morning, so he ended up at the other woman's house who watches him. It worked out fine and I'll have him tomorrow instead. Not that he is difficult, he's really easy. But it did make it easier for me to head out and do some errands this morning with just Matthew. (Who doesn't have preschool anymore since his teacher moved during spring break.)
We stopped at Sonic to get a snack and he asked if we could sit outside and eat today. Usually something I try to avoid since we are always in a hurry, the weather isn't good, or something. (OK, I'll be honest... Matthew doesn't sit still, so it is no fun) But today.... why not? He was happy to hear me say yes. So we sat outside and had lunch together. After the yucky heat last week, today is GORGEOUS. It is overcast, chance of some rain, breezy and probably in the mid 70's. Perfection.
The only thing that made our picnic that much better was sitting there watching the construction trucks doing their jobs on the main road that is in front of Sonic. Matthew was amazed the entire time while he watched the 'digger' pick up huge pieces of concrete and drop them into the back of a semi. Each time the big chunks would fall it made this loud noise and you could see the trailer on the truck shake. Every time he would say, "Whoa! That was COOL!"
That is when I realized that was the perfect lunch, and the perfect day. I couldn't ask for anything more. I had more fun watching Matthew enjoy the trucks and being a little boy. Oh, and my deep fried mozzerella sticks and diet dr. pepper were pretty dang good too. ;)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I looooooove it when your kids get to the age where you aren't afraid to take them places and actually BE places like humans.

Not that you were afraid or anything :) I'm just saying, for me.

Kerry said...

Oh no... trust me.... I'm usually VERY afraid!! Today was a good day.

Lisa said...

that flower pic is lovely!! is that one you took recently? i am so glad you had a good day with matthew. how fun when things go well.

Dustin said...

Yeay! Glad your day turned out wonderfully. I love it when that happens.

laura said...

glad you guys had a good day. it is always nice to get the kids one on one. :)