Friday, March 09, 2007

It's a beautiful day!



Today started out AWESOME! Imagine my happy self when I started my computer and up popped a picture of U2! Wow... talk about GOOD MORNING! There was a story about them on the Yahoo page.

BUT... gulp.... The Joshua Tree is 20 years old today???

WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? No way.

I was in high school. Happily driving my white 65 Mustang (named Sadie, for a girl in a U2 song) listening to them with my cassette player. Damn, I was cool. I had just met Mike, and the biggest thing of my year at the time was that U2 was coming in concert. TWICE that year. One being at Sun Devil Stadium for taping of Rattle & Hum. That was also the year that I hung out at KUPD in the middle of the night with a small handful of other fans... waiting for U2 to come out after an interview.

Ah.. awesome memories. I mean, I met them, and I got a huge hug from Edge. Sweeeeeet. And a kiss from Bono. The highlight of an obsessed teenager's life. (And still a highlight, but you know you have to say that the birth of your children is more amazing, but U2 still comes in really close!)

I'm just flabbergasted that was 20 years ago. I mean, I've gotten older. Time has passed, but why do I still feel like that girl from that long ago? If you ask me how old I am I still have to stop and think about it. I really must be stuck in the 80's.

So here is to my boys. I'll be listening to them today, as usual. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it just the BEST DAY EVER!!! :) Glad you're happy too, ya big nerd. Maddy

Lisa said...

it's a beautiful day until bloody sunday comes along and then everything goes out of control and then before you know it you are a stranger in a strange land where the streets have no name and you know your'e a bad party girl when you keep saying "is that all? and your'e wide awake and you still haven't found what you're looking for...

Anonymous said...

WOW lisa, now that is some talent! You even got several pre-Joshua Tree songs in there that most people don't know about! I'm impressed!!!

I mean, Trash Trampoline and the Party Girl?????!!!!!