Friday, March 30, 2007

one little megan sitting in a tree.....


I have a song stuck in my head right now.
Rocky Mountain high.....
some of you know what I mean. In the meantime I promised a picture a day for somebody.
I know. Cryptic, but hey it's the internet.
Tomorrow Megan has an all day horse clinic where she is taking riding lessons. I talked to my mom last week and told her that it hit me while I was watching Megan trot around an arena.
I am the mom now.
It was just one of those moments that was like...... whooooosh! And you lose all sense of time. My mom used to spend a lot of time at Kyrene Stables (now gone. sad.) watching me during my lessons. Now the torch has been passed and I am standing outside the arena watching my girl.
We were both pretty excited to go to the tack store and buy her a riding helmet. I could stand in a tack store all day. The smells in there took me way back. Sometimes I miss my horsey days.
Tomorrow is a day that I would have loved, so I'm so excited for Megan. In the morning, they get assigned a horse for the day, and it will be total immersion in horse related stuff. She is stoked. :) details later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooooh how fun Kerry!!! I don't know if I ever told you this but I grew up wanting to be a barrel racer and do the whole rodeo circuit thing! Never happened but I love horses too! You are an awesome mom for letting Megan pursue that! Hey and thanks again sooooooo much for my Sonic DP's!!! you're the best!

laura said...

ooohhh i love horses. how fun! i am jealous - jack has the opportunity to be involved with horses, but he isn't into it at all. oh well.

i LOVE john denver! ;)