Thursday, April 19, 2007

adventures in house breaking. Yes, my blog has become all about puppies.




You know how they say that dogs resemble their owners?

I was watching Matthew and Piper the other day, and noticed that they are alike.

Matthew is little, has a ton of energy and even has the same color of hair. Matthew is a yellow lab.

These two are so great together. I think that Matthew is the one who is going to end up bonding with piper the most. They are inseparable. He loves to watch TV with her sitting on his lap, and he plays with her outside. He also takes her out to go potty (sometimes) and the best is that he is SO gentle with her. Matthew can be a little rough sometimes (just ask Trevor!) but he just pats her nicely and reminds me that the way to pick up a puppy is one hand on her butt so she feels safe. I catch him all the time telling her how much he loves her, and he has told me that HE picked out the best puppy EVER.

Today I am channeling my inner Monk. I have picked up a few accidents of the solid kind the past few days. Even though she still has been doing great about going outside... house breaking just plain old sucks. - But I started to freak out and get a little germophobic. If I have found the solid ones, have there been any of the other ones that I may have missed??? So far, 3 rooms done. Plus I have company coming on Saturday night for the big Pea crop. I can't have Lisa feeling like she is slumming it down here in Gilbert. ;) Her house is FAB!

I'm feeling a little better today. I had a better night sleep last night which helped. Plus it is almost the end of the month. a l m o s t.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pictures of Matty. You're so right about Piper being the perfect match for him.

I'm glad he's being gentle with her. I think she's a great addition to the family.

Lisa said...

ok--your house at any given time would be about 100 times cleaner than mine! ha ha

can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

Awww- they're sooo cute together!