Thursday, April 12, 2007

a pretty day.




Today we were a little early picking up the kids from school, so Matthew and I stopped at this place near my house. The weather was beautiful - a little overcast, windy, and the perfect temperature. I LOVE days like this. We watched the ducks for awhile. It was so nice just to sit back and watch him play, run around the grass, listen to the huge fountain behind us and finally just breathe. It seems like we are always on the go lately. This was one of those moments that just felt good. I was thinking about the time that Matthew and I get to spend together while the other two kids are in school. It is awesome. As much as I do love being able to sneak off and do an errand without somebody with me, I realize that I really do enjoy the constant companionship. If he wasn't with me today I doubt I would have stopped to spend a half hour watching ducks and enjoying being outside. I thought of the things that I did with each of my children as they were at this age too. When it was just Megan and I. Then when Megan went off to school, I spent days with Trevor. Now he's in school too, and it is just Matthew and I. I'm glad that I have been able to stay home with all of them and love having the time that we spend together. Even if he does ask me a million questions a day. ;)

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Ugh, too bad the weather didn't stay that nice. By tonight it was AWFUL! Windy and raining. And cold BRRRR!

I know what you mean about special alone time. With Sadie, Nate and I don't have as many (ellie rarely naps any more, so we always have alone timep). But some mornings, Nate wakes up first. And he just sits in my lap and cuddles. And I loooove it.

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about alone time with Erin today, and how much I'm going to miss it when she goes to school all day in a few months. :(

And the rain caught me by surprise. I thought one of the sprinkler heads had popped off and was making the water noise. Too funny! Loved it! :)

Lisa said...

how fun! i know i totally love having my time with haley!!!