Sunday, April 22, 2007

ain't no party like a peas scrap party!

Wow, it is that time of year for scrapping people. CK convention time.

Last night was a night that I had been looking forward to for months. Thanks to all who made it possible:

Shanna, for hosting and working so hard putting everything together. You seriously rock at the planning. It was SO much fun.

Nana & Papa: for taking all three of my kids overnight so I could get out of the house and not have to worry about them. (And be able to sleep in a little after getting home at 2:00 a.m.) :)

Lisa: for keeping me company and for the awesome Autumn Leaves stamps that she bought for me! Somehow she has this idea that we like to travel. ???? ;) I'm anxiously waiting to use them next month. Mexico awaits!

I also got to talk a little with Jamie Harper who is a new HOF winner, and incredible photographer. I'll be giving her a call in the fall. She is adorable.

Seriously, last night was so much fun. I went to the 2Peas crop at the Hilton in Mesa. Shanna went crazy this year. She even had a dj, which was a blast. Who says that a crowd of over 30 year old scrapping moms don't know how to party?! There was a ton of great music (and one girl in particular who could shake her thang! Totally hysterical!) a TON of sugary sweet stuff to eat, lots of prizes and a lot of energy.

It was just what I needed after a month of solitude. I swear, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Just a huge thanks to everybody. This is just one more thing that I love about this hobby, the people are incredible and I love them.

Now I have to unpack all of this mess, get some caffiene, and retrieve children!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there, Delilah! It was a delightfully hot time, with a little lame gayness thrown in. ;)

Kerry said...

No doubt Beth! No doubt.

I wonder if Shanna is still asleep?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the crop report! This type of crop is so much more interesting than farm crops. I was thinking about you guys Sat night. I knew you were all having blast. Can't wait to see the layouts you all did. Or possibly did. The ones you squeezed in between dancing and laughing and having a blast. A few pictures would be awesome too! Let your friend in Seattle live vicariously through you for a bit.

Kerry said...

layouts? Did anybody do any layouts?? haha! I think Beth and Michelle did one. Lisa and I had to put our heads together and did ONE. It's like the lightbulb joke.... yes it takes two of us to do one page.

Did anybody get pictures? I forgot my camera. Bad scrapper.

Lisa said...

oh my gosh! that was a fun night! care bear--thanks for letting me hang at your house and have some good times!!!