Friday, April 13, 2007

Piper comes home



I never would have thought when I woke up this morning that I would end up with a puppy today. :)
Our poor dog Missy is getting up in years, and every morning when I see other people out walking their dogs I want to be out there with them! Missy gets sore when she is out for longer than a walk down our street.
So, I have always wanted a lab. I figured we'd have much more time to look for one, but today ended up being the day. Mike (who is home for the weekend!) and I were driving down a street after having lunch. I saw a sign on a fence that said "Lab puppies." I made the awww face, and he turned the car around. At first I was like, "No. Drive. Go. I don't want to see cute puppies and you are just playing with my head." He called and we went into a backyard to see this huge litter of puppies! 10 of them all together. I knew I wanted a girl, and the woman pulled all of the girls out for us to look at. The other girls all started running around like crazy, but this little girl was hanging back and being kind of mellow. I was in love already, and she picked went up and picked Mike. That was it, and this dog went home with us today.
Her name is Piper. Yeah, an airplane related name, but believe it or not was my idea. We were at the airport one day and I saw one of the plane mechanics with his lab. I got the aww mushy face again and heard the guy say, "Come on Piper." I loved the name. I knew I wouldn't have a hard time convincing Mike that we should name her that. ;)
So here is Piper. :)

5 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

AWWWWWW...so cute!!

Unknown said...

Omigosh! Kerry!!! I cannot believe you caved. But so glad you did! Piper is adorable!

Lisa said...

AAAAHHHHHH!!!! i love her! piper is such a cute name too! she is a honey!! don't you love puppies???

Anonymous said...

OH! OH! OH! YAY! She is precious. Absolutely adorable. What's cuter than a lab puppy? Nothing, that's what. Post more pictures!

Mo loves her. The *real* Mo. The furry one.

Anonymous said...

ooooooomigoodness! This actually makes me want a puppy! That says a lot! I love the name Piper!!!