Saturday, April 14, 2007

Awwwww.




Yeah, another puppy post - but how can you not want to see that face again? ;)

Puppy: day 2.

In the distance, a far away train whistle......

crickets chirping.......

crisp, cold air.......

yeah... 2:00 a.m. and the first night time potty break. It's been a long time since I have seen 2:00 a.m. like this. Not since Matthew was a baby I guess. (Not that I took him outside to potty in the middle of the night, but you know what I mean.)

I took her downstairs after I woke up from hearing her cry. Right when we went outside she went over to what is now her favorite spot and did her puppy stuff. Yessssss! A few hours later, more whinning and Mike's turn to take her outside. Same routine. I *think* we might be able to breeze through the house breaking process. I almost hate to type that out or even think it because I am afraid of jynxing myself! But *knock on wood* so far so good. Maybe what seemed tough at one time in my life is actually cake compared to having newborns in the house. ;) Don't get me wrong, I'm prepared.... I am just feeling pretty lucky right now.

She also got her first bath. I had to get a picture because I know someday she isn't going to fit in that sink.





















Other than that, she seems to be fitting in with the family just fine. All of the kids adore her, Missy loves her, but the cats both have their noses a little out of joint because of her. They both did that Halloween cat imitation as soon as they saw her. Haha, just wait until she gets big enough to crush them if she sat down on them!

And why is it when something is CUTE we want to bite them? Or squish them? I hear it all the time, and I have to admit that I just want to bite Piper's nose. You know, how you say a baby is so cute you want to squish it or bite its toes? Where does this come from???

3 comments:

Maddy said...

OH my gosh! She is sooooooo cute. I LUB her!

Anonymous said...

She is cute, isn't she? Love my puppy!

Kim said...

oh my gosh kerry she is sooo cute! you just wait, she will grow quickly!