Monday, April 16, 2007

maddy

Maddy. Everybody should know somebody like Maddy. Today, I need to celebrate Maddy. Just because.

I think everybody needs to blog today, and tell their Maddy stories. That way we can all do a little sucking up, and she gets the updates that she craves! ;)

I met Maddy at the first 2Peas crop (hosted by the fabulous Shanna!) I can't even remember what year, but Matthew was a baby, so was Haley, Lisa's adorable little girl that I got to hold after we snuck into the CK convention. After coming back to go to the bathroom, this bouncy girl comes up to me and says in one spunky run on sentence, "You look NOTHING like your avatar!!! Come on! We're going to SONIC to get SLUSHIES!!!! YAY!!!!" You have to know Maddy, she is like a cheerleader for everything. Almost....

I think Michelle was in that car too that night... along with some freaky nut total left wing girl that was griping the entire time that she was actually sitting in a gas guzzling waste of our environmental resources ozone crushing suburban. Thanks for letting me sit next to her girls. :p

Now I know that my parents taught me better than to get in a suburban with a bunch of women that I just met, and talked to on the internet. Haha! I mean, I met them through 2Peas.... therefore they HAVE to be normal right!?!? Hahahahahaaa!

We ended up not getting slushies from Sonic, but ended up someplace where Maddy and I had the worst nachos ever. By the time we got back to the crop, Lisa had left and I thought for sure I wouldn't ever hear from her again. We clicked. Years later, I realize that we NEEDED each other. ;)

Now on to explain my "she is like a cheerleader for everything... almost." The almost comes from when I went to CKU with Maddy and Michelle. Long story short, we needed a pull out bed in our room. It wasn't there, and Maddy and I went to talk to the person at the front desk. He was not helpful at all, and suggested that Maddy and I share a bed because he and his girlfriend (which by the looks of him I doubt he actually HAD.) do. To which Maddy responded with slapping her hand on the counter, and pointing the other in the air and me, yelling, "WE DON'T SPOOOOON!" A moment I'll never forget and we still laugh about.

We love Maddy. She has the best taste and has a fabulously decorated house. She is the best over achieving mom that I know. She is the card and invitation making bomb. And I also know that she doesn't like the color red, but doesn't know how to tell the difference between hot pink and red on a layout. She now owns about every sweater that doesn't fit me anymore because she is always cold at my house, and she has dunking oreos down to a science. She's also the only person I know that has small children and still gets excited about Christmas every year.

Rock on Maddy. We love you!

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Awwww, you're a DORK! But I am giggling over memories of the spooning incident. And I do love to be the cheer leader. goooOOOOO TEAM!

I'll have to do a Kerry blog some time this week. Because you're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it -- people LOVE you.

I just can't spend any more time on blogger tonight seeing as it took me an hour to get those pictures up. GRRRR!

Lisa said...

so maddy is the reason i got left alone to scrap!!

i love maddy becasue she loves her some abba, can say the f word and has scads of talent!

Kerry said...

You never knew that Lisa? Yes, it was alllll Maddy's fault. And all I got out of it was some nasty nachos. :p She still owes me a slushie.

Lisa said...

and now she owes me slushies and nachos!!! pooh pooh