Wednesday, April 25, 2007

one seasoned pro and one newbie.



Seasoned pro if you count one whole week of riding her bike to school. But that is Megan. After a week of swim lessons, she swore she was ready for the Olympics. Of course, several riding lessons later, she is going to be on the U.S. Equestrian Team next year too. Hey the girl has confidence.
Today T decided he wanted to ride his bike to school. Megan promised she'd help him, and I followed them both all the way just to make sure. I turn in side streets so I can see them, but they feel like they are out on thier own. I'm not ready to have them out of sight yet. By the time they had gotten to the school Trevor comes up to my car and says, "Can I ride my bike to school everyday until the end of the school year?!?!?! That was awesome!!!" You bet little dude.
It is so cool to see them doing something like this. I remember riding my bike to school. Although, not in the first grade, but still... those were fun times. I didn't have as far to go though, so I can't even guilt them with the "When I was a kid...." stories.
I am SO proud of these guys. The little things that they get so excited about are such good reminders of how cool life really is.

2 comments:

Maddy said...

YEAY! Pictures! :)

I love that you let them ride their bikes -- super cool mamaK!

Unknown said...

Aw- how cool! Meghan keeps asking me to ride her bike to school, but since she'd have to cross Dobson, she keeps getting a big, "No way!" ;)