Sunday, April 08, 2007

happy easter

Happy Easter!

I'm taking a break from extreme cleaning. I have company on the way. That tends to freak me out a little bit. I'm not sure why. Or maybe it is motivation? Who knows.

I finally finished up all of the easter stuff late last night. Trevor had a hard time falling asleep since he was so excited. He kept coming downstairs to tell me that he wasn't tired. He finally was out at 11:30, and then I got busy.

I have to admit that I was a little surprised that Megan is still into the E.B. thing this year. I would have thought for sure that some 3rd grader would have spoiled it. I can tell that she isn't just playing along with me because when I was putting her basket in her room I noticed a paper that she had written on.

It said:

"Dear Easter Bunny from Megan. Happy Easter. Thank you for the basket that you will be leaving. If you don't mind, can I have your autograph? Love, Megan."

She has it proudly displayed on her bulletin board and seemed awestruck that he would take the time to sign a piece of paper for her. Awwww. :)

I'm always glad when a holiday comes and goes and I still have all three believing. That is cool. Kids just grow up way too fast, and I have to admit that I love the whole secret thingie. It is equally as fun for the parents!

Oh, and Megan woke me up at 3:00 in the bloody A.M. to tell me that he had already been by. Arg. Nobody should be up at that hour. Soon followed by little boys who were up way too early too. Hopefully tonight will be an early to bed night!

So happy easter to everybody today. I hope you got a lot of chocolate! Mwah!

8 comments:

mimiscraps said...

Happy Happy Easter Kerry!
It was good to see you the other
day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter. Thanks for the story.

M

jen paddack-hyde said...

Alex said to me a few days before Easter "mom, you don't need to pretend with me anymore...I know there's no Easter Bunny and I'm okay with that. I don't want to hunt easter eggs in fact so please son't hide any"

That's the type of statement that can just break a mother's heart...you know. Glad you haven't had it yet:)

Maddy said...

Happy Easter! hope your dinner went well and i'm glad your kids still believe

laura said...

glad it was a good easter, and that you got to share the magic for another year! :)

Lisa said...

happy belated easter!! my kids still love it all even though the two older ones just "pretend" ha ha

Anonymous said...

Mine still believe too!!! I love it!!!

Unknown said...

Happy belated Easter!
We've got a house full of believers, too!